Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> on 2005/04/12 00:31:36 UTC

resolve or close bugs?

Hi,
I'm confused by this comment:
Doug:  "In the future, things shouldn't be resolved until the patch is
committed. I just committed this."
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-29#action_61664

I personal understand the life cycle of a issue like this:

- Create an issue.
- Assign an issue to a developer (optional)
- Resolve a issue as soon someone start to work on this issue
- Close the issue as soon the patch is in the sources

Do people see it different? When should issues closed and when resolved?

Stefan

Re: resolve or close bugs?

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
> Since we have no QA and no test group yet, what you think about we
> close bugs when releasing the next version?
> Make that sense? I will take care of this process but need a rule to
> follow.

Here is a proposal:

Since there's no QA team, why not processing as follow:
1. mark resolved once a patch is submitted.
2. mark closed, once the nightly build is ok and unit tests are ok.

If no unit tests are provided then the issue is closed when releasing the
next version.

Jerome

Re: resolve or close bugs?

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Sure! Until working we mark the issue as in progress and when the patch
is committed we mark it as as resolved. So the only thing to discuss
when we should close a bug.

company:		http://www.media-style.com
forum:		http://www.text-mining.org
blog:			http://www.find23.net