Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Eric Baldeschwieler <er...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/11/16 08:38:44 UTC

re: Joe's question 1.x.x vote...

In general terms, I think it is fair to expect that the project progresses, not regresses between major versions.  That said, major versions are major versions and can change things.  This would end up being a discussion best had around a particular release / a different vote.

Certainly 0.23 aims to be a superset of 0.20.2xx.x (aka 1?).

Re: Joe's question 1.x.x vote...

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 16/11/11 07:38, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
> In general terms, I think it is fair to expect that the project progresses, not regresses between major versions.  That said, major versions are major versions and can change things.

which is precisely why I've voted for leaving the 0.20.x branches as
such -to indicate the cost of upgrading is less