Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni <na...@is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de> on 2004/12/01 14:07:10 UTC

Xindice and Cocoon

Hi,

we want to use Xindice in a project.

I have a few basic questions:

* We want to use xindice with cocoon? I found a blog[1], which connect
  both together. Do you know tools or helpful documentation?

* Is Xindice still under development and how are things going.

Also i want to report, that some links on your website are broken. The
links to the xmldb projects offer a strange domain grabber website.
Maybe the prohect is moved to [2].

I am very new with Java and have just a little bit expierince with
XML-technologies. What is confusing me is XUpdate and so on. Do you
implement this in Xindice or must i use it for query. At the moment I
think, I use the commandline to update, query or remove data to the DB
and XML:DB is only necessary when i want implement a tool. Right?

Thanks you a lot.

Regards,

Keywan

[1] http://www.beblogging.com/blog/
[2] http://xmldb-org.sourceforge.net

Re: Xindice and Cocoon

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@andrew.cmu.edu>.
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni wrote:

>I am very new with Java and have just a little bit expierince with
>XML-technologies. What is confusing me is XUpdate and so on. Do you
>implement this in Xindice or must i use it for query. At the moment I
>think, I use the commandline to update, query or remove data to the DB
>and XML:DB is only necessary when i want implement a tool. Right?

I am not exactly sure what your question is. XUpdate is implemented
and you can see the documentation on how it can be used. It can be
used from the commandline or within a Java program, just like all
other command lines that insert/remove/query collections. What
exactly are you using XUpdate for?

Eno