Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/11 05:11:22 UTC

Missing features in new architecture

Hi devs,

Due to the architecture change I thought of discussing what are the missing
features in current trunk compared to 0.11 release. Of course we need to do
lot more features that 0.11 release but I think before that we can finalize
what we still need do to fix the gap between 0.11 and next release. If we
are not planning to do features in 0.11 release we can cut them down and
focus on the rest.

1. Workflow support and non of the xbaya features are working in trunk.
2. There is no workflow interpreter service and if we are planning to get
rid of axis2 we have to make workflow interpreter as a thrift service.
3. There is not notification mechanism between the client and the server,
to get a status we always have to pull from the registry.
4. There is no credential store support in trunk.
5.  We need to update most of the unit tests and make sure atleast we have
the unit tests which we had for 0.11 release.

I am sure I have missed some here, so if you have any missing features in
trunk due to re-architecting happen, please reply so that we can create a
jira with sub-tasks and work on them.

Thanks
Lahiru
--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Missing features in new architecture

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the suggested order of priority

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the prioritized list.