Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Robert Maier <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/03 11:54:48 UTC

Problem with Orchestra with PrimeFaces fileupload

Hello everybody,
I'm currently having a problem with Orchestra 1.4 when using it with
Spring 3.0.5, JSF 2.1 (Mojarra 2.1.1-b04) and PrimeFaces 3.0.M1.

I have a PrimeFaces Dialog with a nested Wizard compoment. My bean with
scope "conversation.manual" is invalidated either when the dialog is
closed or the wizard is completed. This works really well so far, but a
few days ago I added a FileUpload-Component as the last step of the wizard.

The Wizard consists of 2 steps:
1. Some data is collected (a description of the file and a category)
2. The file is uploaded and the collected data with a reference to the
uploaded file is stored in a DB

The problem is, that the data of step one is stored in a different bean
as the fileupload-handlermethod is called on.
Accordingly, the data which is stored in one of the beans is not
existing in the other bean.

Additionally I have a closeListener for the dialog which invalidates the
conversation. This closeListener however is called on the bean which
correctly holds the data and is correctly invalidated.

So the problem must be something with the fileupload request not being
able to be identified as part of the current conversation. The
PrimeFaces fileupload-component uses commons-fileupload as it's backend.
It uses it's own filter which has to be the first filter defined in web.xml.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this problem? I don't really
know if this is a problem of Orchestra or PrimeFaces, but it sure is an
issue when these two are combined.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Best regards,
Robert

Re: Problem with Orchestra with PrimeFaces fileupload

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi robert,

that sounds similar to [1].
it was a primefaces issue. now it works at least in combination with myfaces
codi.

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://goo.gl/3bbmu