Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luís Góis <lu...@netc.pt> on 2002/06/20 11:18:01 UTC

[C2] connection pool to database w/o login/password

Hello.

This is probably my first post in almost a year. I've worked with C1 for almost a 1 1/2 years and now I'm back with C2!:)
The adaptation to the most recent version has been troublesome, but I'll survive.

Anyway, here's my question : Is it possible to create a database connection pool from within a XSP? The purpose for this is to allow changes in a particular database, using the db username/login for authentication instead of leaving it hardcoded in a file, which might be accessed by unauthorized personnel.

If the pool didn't exist, then it would be created. Otherwise, I would retrieve the username/pass for that pool and use them to authenticate the user trying to access the XSP.

Any comments are welcome.

TIA.

Luís Góis
Optimus Telecomunications