Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Harrelson <br...@cs.com> on 2004/07/16 17:25:26 UTC

Tomcat, Eclipse and Log4j

I'm having trouble with getting Tomcat, Log4j and Eclipse working
together.

I have two apps, say webapps/webapp1 and webapps/webapp2,
and I read all the documentation about keeping contexts separate,
so I have my log4j.properties files in the webapp1/WEB-INF/classes
folder and the webapp2/WEB-INF/classes folder, and I have the
log4j jars in the webapp1/WEB-INF/lib folder and the
webapp2/WEB-INF/lib folder.

This seems to work fine under Tomcat stand-alone, but Eclipse
doesn't seem to find the log4j jars.  If I add the two jar files explicitly
into the Eclipse classpath, it seems to confuse the local repositories
and one of the loggers just doesn't work (webapp2).

If I move the jar files into Tomcat/shared/lib I get the confused
respositories behavior as well.

Can someone tell me what I need to do or that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bill