Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bill Lyles <jf...@adelphia.net> on 2002/04/09 14:45:25 UTC

Simple code Modification

Hi

I'm new to perl so not to sure what to do
I need to know how to rewrite these code statements to use smtp

require "mails.pl";

# time to print the thank you page, since everything is done safe
print qq~
$header
You will be emailed with the details for logging in etc...
$footer
~;

exit;

if ($found) {
   open (MAILME, "|$mailprog -t") or &dienice("Can't access $mailprog!\n");
   print MAILME "To: $email\n";
   print MAILME "From: $adminmail\n";
   print MAILME "Subject: Your username and password\n\n";
   print MAILME qq~
Below are your username and password.

Username: $user
Password: $pass

Don't lose it next time :o)

   Best Regard
     $adminname

Powered By Locked Area From Web ScriptsUK
            http://www.locked-area.com/
~;
   close (MAILME);

And this one

open (MAIL, "|$mailprog -t") or &dienice("Can't access $mailprog!\n");
print MAIL "To: $email\n";
print MAIL "From: $adminmail\n";
print MAIL "Subject: Thank You For Joining\n\n";
    print MAIL "Hello,\n";
    print MAIL "   Thank you for joining $servicename\n";
    print MAIL "   Your details are as follows:\n";
    print MAIL "       Username:     $username\n";
    print MAIL "       Password:     $password\n";
    print MAIL "       Name:         $name\n";
    print MAIL "       Email:        $email\n";
    print MAIL "       Unit:         $unit\n";
    print MAIL "       URL:          $url\n";
    print MAIL "           \n";
    print MAIL "    You may login here:\n";
    print MAIL "  http://$memberurl\n";
    print MAIL "\n";
    print MAIL "    Best Regards\n";
    print MAIL "        $adminname\n";
    print MAIL "\n";
    print MAIL "Powered By Locked Area From Web ScriptsUK\n";
    print MAIL "             http://www.locked-area.com/\n";
close(MAIL);

if ($newmembermail eq '1') {
open (MAIL2, "|$mailprog -t") or &dienice("Can't access $mailprog!\n");
print MAIL2 "To: $adminmail\n";
print MAIL2 "From: $adminmail\n";
print MAIL2 "Subject: New Member\n\n";
    print MAIL2 "Hello,\n";
    print MAIL2 "   You have a new member.\n";
    print MAIL2 "   Here are their details:\n";
    print MAIL2 "       Username:     $username\n";
    print MAIL2 "       Password:     $password\n";
    print MAIL2 "       Name:         $name\n";
    print MAIL2 "       Email:        $email\n";
    print MAIL2 "       Unit:         $unit\n";
    print MAIL2 "       URL:          $url\n";
    print MAIL2 "           \n";
    print MAIL2 "\n";
    print MAIL2 "    Best Regards\n";
    print MAIL "        $adminname\n";
    print MAIL2 "\n";
    print MAIL2 "Powered By Locked Area From Web ScriptsUK\n";
    print MAIL2 "             http://www.locked-area.com/\n";
close(MAIL2);
}

1;

This script is free so I allowed to edit it
Any programming guru's out there please help

Thanks

Re: Simple code Modification

Posted by Hasanuddin Tamir <sa...@trabas.com>.
On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Bill Lyles <jf...@adelphia.net> wrote,

> I'm not using linux I'm using Windows 2000

It doesn't matter. Or, am I misunderstanding you?

--
san->http(www.trabas.com)
{If Linux doesn't have solution, you have the wrong problem}

Posted by Bill Lyles <jf...@adelphia.net>.

Posted by Hasanuddin Tamir <sa...@trabas.com>.