Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Quinlan, Daire (Daire)" <dq...@avaya.com> on 2006/03/15 18:30:36 UTC

PXE->JBI endpoint questions.

Hi All,

We at the moment have a BPEL process deployed on the PXE engine talking
to a JSR181 component, all deployed into SM3.0 (recent build). Currently
they're talking through the soap.adapter (on the pxe side) and the
http/soap binding component (on the jsr181 component side). I'm trying
to make them talk pure JBI to one another.

We've knocked out the http binding component from the JSR181 component
and deployed it directly, specifying the endpoint in the xbean.xml for
the service unit for the component. this is specified as follows (real
names obfuscated, sorry):

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
 <beans xmlns:jsr181="http://servicemix.apache.org/jsr181/1.0"
 xmlns:av="http://some.name.space">
 <classpath>
    <location>.</location>
  </classpath>
     <jsr181:endpoint endpoint="random-service"
service="av:random-service" typeMapping="xmlbeans">
         <jsr181:pojo>
            <bean class="some.package.name.someserviceImpl" />
         </jsr181:pojo>
      </jsr181:endpoint>
  </beans>

we've got a standalone JMS client talking directly to this using the
same technique as in loads of the examples, the only interesting bit is
the activation spec for the JMS component:

<sm:activationSpec  componentName="myComponent"
                                service="pxe:JmsService"

destinationService="av:conference-service"

destinationEndpoint="conference-service">

(av is the same namespace defined earlier in the file)
This works fine, implying that the service and endpoint are correctly
defined.

The problem is getting PXE to talk to this service. PXE picks up its
endpoints for its partner links from the wsdl for the external services
(at least, this has worked so far !), but normally (I thought) from the
services definition, and the address given in the port tag. This doesn't
seem to be working. Essentially, what is the actual URL of the above
endpoint ? (I thought it should be "jbi://conference-service" or
"jbi://av:conference-service:conference-service" but neither of these
work) And secondly, am I right in supposing that PXE indeed picks up its
endpoints in that fashion ?

Thanks,
	Daire.

Re: PXE->JBI endpoint questions.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Did you had a look at the PXE example at
http://svn.intalio.org/viewrep/PXE-svn/trunk/pxe-jbi/examples/AsyncProcessJBI/pxe-system.xml?r=272

The ResponderSVC has an export tag that will try to send a JBI message to
the configured JBI endpoint.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet