Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/02 23:49:05 UTC

Subversion migration

Just wondering if the Cactus community have any thoughts on a
migration to Subversion?

I'm aiming to get Jakarta migrated over to Subversion this quarter and
this email is intended to nudge the start of the Cactus migration. The process
seems pretty easy, though I'm not finished on my first one (jakarta-regexp):

http://www.apache.org/dev/cvs2svn.html

Alternatively, I'm looking to hear the problems with the idea of a
migration to SVN so I can get the Infrastructure guys to deal with
them.

Thanks,

Hen

Re: Subversion migration

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 20:49, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Just wondering if the Cactus community have any thoughts on a
> migration to Subversion?

+1 from me too, although I would not have the time to help :-(

BTW, subversion can handle moving/renaming files, so that will help to
keep the history when we do the Cargo refactoring.

-- Felipe

RE: Subversion migration

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

This is fine. I'll hold a vote for migrating to SVN.

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: Subversion migration

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Subversion migration

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
The Infrastructure guys take care of all the server-side stuff; it's
very easy from our point of view:

*) Convince community to migrate
*) Decide on structure

RE: Subversion migration