Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Clayton Bodine <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/09 03:58:30 UTC

Error

Hello all:

I am trying to get either JDOM or JAXP (both XML
packages) to run with Tomcat.  I can write standalone
examples that work just fine, but when these examples
are re-written as servlets, Tomcat cannot find the
method bodies.  So, I get a ClassDefNotFoundError
message.  The jar files have been moved to
%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib and so are included in the
CLASSPATH.  I am running under Win2000 by the way.
Can someone please help?  Thanks!

Clayton

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Re: Error

Posted by Kuehnberger <Ku...@web.de>.
I'm not sure if it's what your asking for, but I'm also using jdom under
tomcat  4 and
I put the jar-files in %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\_mywebappdirectory_\WEB-INF\lib
and it works perfectly.

Jens

RE: Error

Posted by Dan Silcox <ds...@chemconnect.com>.

RE: Error

Posted by Clayton Bodine <cl...@yahoo.com>.
Dan:

Re: Somebody please help???

Posted by paul <pa...@roadrunner.uk.com>.
Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
[...]

$another_tomcat_home$/webapps/versionX.x/web-inf/classes?  Is there a way to

RE: Are these things possible?(long)

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
[...]

accomplished and what version of tomcat I would need for this, it would be
EXTREMELY helpful for me!

Thanks in advance!

Brandon

Are these things possible?(long)

Best version of tomcat?

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
Does anyone have any opinion or experience as to what is the easiest to
install, most stable, and most bug free release of Tomcat to date?  I am
currently using Tomcat 3.2.1 with over 20 virtual hosts connected from
Apache.  I know Tomcat 4.0 is good, but I have seen several messages about
getting webapp and stuff to work properly.  What I am really looking for is
a way to run another tomcat on the same linux machine, connected to the same
apache server, but running a couple different versions of my webapp,
depending on when each virtual host signs up for the service.  So to
summarize,

1)Most stable, bug free, and easiest to install version of tomcat with
Apache on Linux
2)Will this be easy to install another Tomcat, run it on the same machine,
connected to the same Apache server, and will mod_jk know to redirect to the
appropriate Tomcat where the virtual host is listed in server.xml
3)If I have 30 virtual hosts, can 10 of them use version X.1, 15 use X.2,
and 5 use X.3?  Only 3 webapps, which they all share?

I have been looking into documentation, but need to know what version's
documentation to start with in the first place.  Thanks in advance for your
help!

Brandon

RE: Error