Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robert Guthrie <rg...@pobox.com> on 2004/02/26 17:48:07 UTC

Re: BerkeleyDB4.2 not looked for in "./configure"?

If I understand you correctly, that means I need to configure and
install subversion.1.0.0/apr and apr-util as a start to get subversion
to compile svnserver... However when attempting to do so, I'm still
having trouble with it not looking for BDB4.2... It always starts
looking for 4.1 and then 4.0, 3, 2, 1, failing at the last because it
can't find any of THOSE versions in my 4.2 directory.

Shouldn't I be seeing output from the configuration that looks like this:
checking checking for Berkeley DB 4.2 in
/home/postproc/src/src_c/subversion/BerkeleyDB.4.2

I'm confused by this.  Can someone clarify?

Posted by Robert Guthrie <rg...@pobox.com>.

Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> No, because no *released* apr knows how to look for db 4.2.

Okay, that makes a bit of sense...

> Have you placed /path/to/BDB4.2/lib/ into /etc/ld.so.conf, as
> instructions describe?
Not /etc/ld.so.conf, because I don't have root access, but I have tried
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  The configure file does refer to that variable in some
AIX cases (including version 5, which is my version), so they should be
equivalent, shouldn't they?  And yes, I have verified that the path is
correct for my configuration.

Re: BerkeleyDB4.2 not looked for in "./configure"?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.