Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by William Tam <em...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/06 00:15:29 UTC

Camel-cxf in PAYLOAD mode

We discussed in this mailing list that the camel-cxf component (in
particularly, the PAYLOAD mode implementation) was unnecessarily
complicated.  Here is a quick update.  Using Dispatch APIs is probably
still a long term goal.  As fixing the defect
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-2614, I am proposing to
leverage CXF's SourceDataBinding to facilitate un/marshaling of
parameters into XML payload.  As a result, we can get rid of the
existing interceptors in camel-cxf which do some of the XML parsing.  I
think more importantly, we remove a hurdle to inherit CXF WS-* supports
in PAYLOAD.   Please see the patch in the CAMEL-2614 and let me know
your feedbacks.

Thanks,
William

Re: Camel-cxf in PAYLOAD mode

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,

I'm +1 for this change, we should leverage more interceptors of CXF :)

cheers,

Willem