Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Ganelin, Ilya" <Il...@capitalone.com> on 2015/07/08 23:23:42 UTC

Real-time data visualization with Zeppelin

Hi all – I’m just wondering if anyone has had success integrating Spark Streaming with Zeppelin and actually dynamically updating the data in near real-time. From my investigation, it seems that Zeppelin will only allow you to display a snapshot of data, not a continuously updating table. Has anyone figured out if there’s a way to loop a display command or how to provide a mechanism to continuously update visualizations?

Thank you,
Ilya Ganelin

[cid:0042A8D7-6242-41E8-80ED-0D0CC16C96B5]

Re: Re: Real-time data visualization with Zeppelin

Posted by andy petrella <an...@gmail.com>.
Yep, most of the things will work just by renaming it :-D
You can even use nbconvert afterwards

andy

Re:Re: Real-time data visualization with Zeppelin

Posted by jun <ki...@126.com>.
Hi andy,

The Spark-Notebook (https://github.com/andypetrella/spark-notebook/) can bring that to you actually, it uses fully reactive bilateral communication streams to update data and viz, plus it hides almost everything for you ^^. The video was using the notebook notebooks/streaming/Twitter stream.snb so you can play it yourself if you like.

Posted by andy petrella <an...@gmail.com>.
Heya,

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brandon White <bw...@gmail.com>.