Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jonathan O'Connor <Jo...@xcom.de> on 2004/12/22 17:59:48 UTC

Re: auto generated images and assets [auf Viren geprueft]

Henrik,
This is not the answer you want, but :-)

<rant>
Stop using spliced images. Get your hands on Jeffrey Zeldman's book:
Designing with Web Standards. Throw away your tables, and use style sheets
for layout. Much easier to develop, quicker to download.
</rant>
Ciao,
Jonathan O'Connor
XCOM Dublin

"Henrik Vendelbo" <hv...@bluprints.com>
22/12/2004 15:52
Please respond to
"Tapestry users" <ta...@jakarta.apache.org>

<ta...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
auto generated images and assets [auf Viren geprueft]

I have been going through the documentation and examples involving static
image files and it seems that the recommended way of handling them is by
using the asset service.

If you have a few images that makes a lot of sense, but what do you do
when
you have spliced images made by the likes of Dreamweaver. I have around 10
for every html page so the manual modifications needed to use assets is
quite significant.

Isn't there a way to make a directory of assets available, and prefix
paths
in img tags of the html ?

Henrik

*** XCOM AG Legal Disclaimer ***

Diese E-Mail einschlie?lich ihrer Anhange ist vertraulich und ist allein fur den Gebrauch durch den vorgesehenen Empfanger bestimmt. Dritten ist das Lesen, Verteilen oder Weiterleiten dieser E-Mail untersagt. Wir bitten, eine fehlgeleitete E-Mail unverzuglich vollstandig zu loschen und uns eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen.

This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Re: auto generated images and assets [auf Viren geprueft]

Posted by Jonathan O'Connor <Jo...@xcom.de>.
Henrik,
if you search the css sites (Eric Meyer, Jeffrey Zeldman, A List Apart,
etc...) you should be able to find how to do rollover totally in css.
I wish I had known this for our project, because I really hate all the
javascript that the Rollover component produces.
I think the trick involves semi-transparent images (GIF or PNG only).
Happy hunting
Ciao,
Jonathan O'Connor
XCOM Dublin

"Henrik Vendelbo" <hv...@bluprints.com>
22/12/2004 17:39
Please respond to
"Tapestry users" <ta...@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tapestry users" <ta...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: auto generated images and assets [auf Viren geprueft]

I would love to do that but: How do you make a rollover effect with
special
font on a image background

Mind you I probably wont use tables but rather layers in the final design.
And style sheets are great I agree.