Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Torstein Hegbom <to...@itpolaris.no> on 2010/03/20 10:44:00 UTC

50 cent ride

I have an idea that I would like to test if you like it or not. Here it
goes:

There is a set of different applications in OfBiz. To lower the user
learning curve it would be nice to have a picture as a front page of each
application. The picture will illustrate the logical entities at a high
level that consist in in an application.

Example:

Catalog Manager has a relationship between catalog, product, store,
shipping, workeffort, etc

Manufacturing Manager has a relationship to productionplanning, bom,
workeffort, marketing, store, etc

The idea is to create a front page to each of the application so that the
user can understand what is possible to do in the application. The front
page will describe these enteties as boxes (possibly with an icon inside)
with arrows in between. If the user presses on one of the boxes the
appropriate application-input-screen will be shown.

This will give a visual insight to what that is possible to do inside the
respective application. As they say, one picture describes more than
thousand words. Giving the user a 50 cent ride when opening the Catalog
Manager, Facility Manager or any other application would give quick insight
into what the application does, and internal relationships it has.

Torstein