Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Schleusener, Jens" <Je...@t-online.de> on 2015/01/30 13:18:52 UTC

[users@httpd] CGIDScriptTimeout directive ignored?

Hi,

after upgrading from httpd 2.4.10 to 2.4.12 I see intermittent "hangings"
of "my" Apache server sometimes a day for very roughly 30 seconds
(similar as with releases before 2.4.10). Presumably the problem is
related to the communication with a self-written CGI script so I must
further isolate the reason internally (but unfortunately for e.g. the
"server-status"-page is also not accessible with that phases).

But now my real current question respectively observation:

While analyzing the problem above using the module mod_cgid.so
(and not mod_cgi.so) I changed also the values of the directive
CGIDScriptTimeout embedded within the block

  <IfModule cgid_module>
     ScriptSock /var/run/cgid.sock
     CGIDScriptTimeout 20
  </IfModule>

but I couldn't see any effects: Always the value of the standard TimeOut
directive was used by the server (tested finally also with the mimimal
example "test-cgi" script simply expanded by a single "sleep" command)!

Has anyone seen this directive working correctly so that I must search
further for a possible error in my Apache configuration?

By the way the syntax explanation within the Apache httpd docs

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_cgid.html#cgidscripttimeout

seems to me a little bit "unsharp" (ok, a liitle bit pedantically, but
what is the default unit, what means "ms"?) and may be adapted for e.g. to
the clearer

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/core.html#keepalivetimeout

Additionally two small observations: The syntax

  GIDScriptTimeout 20000 ms

wasn't accepted (that is ok, but it may be mentioned that no space is
allowed between value and unit) but a time value (tested just for
curiosity) like

  GIDScriptTimeout 20smsmmssm

was at least syntactically accepted.

Regards