Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Shereen <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2010/09/27 09:01:59 UTC

Re: where is Rental Store

Hi all
I'm new to ofbiz and I have questions regarding the rentals
this is my case:
my company has some products for rent say equipments or machines no need to
ship just the very simple functions with any rentals start date and end date
and a flag so that if it's rented to somone we cant rent it to the another
client.
I found a catalog called rental but I dunno really how to deal with it.
Can anyone tell me simple steps as a user on how to setup a product not for
selling but for rentals? how to associate dates to the product?
the rental boats catalog does it include any special feature to say that its
products are for rent not for sail?
I'd be grateful if anyone can tell some steps how to handle this

Re: where is Rental Store

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you first need to understand how the catalog works and Products are made.
I think Ruth's books cover this.

The rental as it stands is not intuitive and requires customization to
be useful in my opinion.
I spent about two months configuring mine for a boat slip rental.
Since Hans is the one that implemented it, you might contact him.

Shereen sent the following on 9/27/2010 3:36 AM:

Re: where is Rental Store

Re: where is Rental Store

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductStoreCatalogs?productStoreId=9000
add the rental catalog it will show up on the
choose catalog
http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ecommerce/control/main

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Shereen sent the following on 9/27/2010 12:01 AM: