Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@gridgain.com> on 2015/11/05 14:48:55 UTC

Naming: Binarylizable

Igniters,

We have recently renamed PortableMarshalAware to Binarylizable.
I think it should be "Binarizable" instead, according to word derivation in
English language.

"Binarylizable" yields 0 results in google, while "Binarizable" even finds
some Java project on Github.

Pavel Tupitsyn
GridGain Systems, Inc.
www.gridgain.com

Re: Naming: Binarylizable

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 10:42 AM, M G <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this could be better named. 'Serializable' comes from the verb 'to
> serialize'. Binaryizable doesn't make as much sense as there is no verb 'to
> binary'.

Michael, I think the name has pun intended and tries to mimic standard Java
names. I do agree that there is no verb “to binary”, but if there was,
would it be “to binerize” or “to binarylize”? For some reason I like the
latter, because it is clearly parallel to the Java names.

Another option is “BinaryAware”, which I like less.

D.

Re: Naming: Binarylizable

Posted by M G <en...@gmail.com>.

Re: Naming: Binarylizable