Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marc Lefebvre <ml...@akimeka.com> on 2008/06/18 02:09:24 UTC

[AXIS2-1.4] Mime-Multipart Attachment help

I have a service I am trying to mimic and it requires a mime-multipart attachment in the soap message.  I think this is called an "in-line" attachment.

How does this differ from SwA or MTOM?

Does Axis2 support this kind of attachment?

Can JAVA2WSDL generate this within the WSDL?

How would the classes in POJO development be structured to generate this kind of output?

__
Marc Lefebvre, Principle Software Engineer
Akimeka, 1305 N. Holopono Street, Kihei, HI 96753
Phone: (808)442-7168, Email: mlefebvre@akimeka.com
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc

Re: [AXIS2-1.4] Mime-Multipart Attachment help

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have a service I am trying to mimic and it requires a mime-multipart
> attachment in the soap message.  I think this is called an "in-line"
> attachment.

Not really.. In-line means you take the binary data, base64 encode it and
put it inside the XML as a text value.

> How does this differ from SwA or MTOM?

Most probably it would be either MTOM or SwA. If possible post a input
message to this service together with the HTTP headers. You can use TCPMon (
ws.apache.org/commons/tcpmon) to capture it.

> Does Axis2 support this kind of attachment?

Axis2 supports both MTOM as well as SwA attachments. Both the technologies
are capable of delivering MIME attachments together with SOAP.

> Can JAVA2WSDL generate this within the WSDL?

Yes if it's MTOM.. No if it's SwA.. Do you have the WSDL for the service??

> How would the classes in POJO development be structured to generate this
> kind of output?

We need to figure out whether it's MTOM or SwA or another beast before
thinking of this step..

thanks,
Thilina

Thilina Gunarathne - http://thilinag.blogspot.com

Re: [AXIS2-1.4] Java heap space properties

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.
Because Axis2 engine is running inside Tomcat, you have to do it in Tomcat
like this. Before running the catalina.sh etc. shell scripts set the
CATALINA_OPTS environment variable with the necessary settings. Then this
will be used inside the catalina.sh file.

export CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx512m"

Hope this helps.

Upul