Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org> on 2005/09/05 01:01:51 UTC

Re: Logging-Log4j -> SVN

Hi Henri,

We are planning to migrate all of the Logging Services projects to svn.
We'd like to target the timeframe of 9/10 for the project-wide migration.
Is that timeframe ok with you?  What are the things we need to decide as
part of the migration?

One thing I was wondering in regards to the sandbox, should we have a
sandbox per project or maybe a top level sandbox that more people can play
in .

thanks,
-Mark

Posted by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org>.
I have not gotten any indication that folks are going to be available
tomorrow besides Henri and myself.  I don't think we should approve the
migration until someone from each subproject reviews and approves.

So, please spend some time this weekend reviewing the initial conversion
that Henri has performed and post feedback here.  We will finalize the
migration before the end of next week.

[Henri, sorry if this seems to be taking longer than expected.  We'll get it
wrapped up quickly though]

thanks,
-Mark

> Should we set up some kind of Yahoo! IM Conference or an IRC chat channel
> for tomorrow?  I can set up a Yahoo! conference, but I don't know if
> everyone has a yahoo id.  I don't know how to set up an irc channel.  Who
> is going to be around?
>
> -Mark

>>> logging-log4cxx/
>>> logging-log4j/
>>> logging-log4j-attic/
>>> logging-log4j-sandbox/
>>> logging-log4net/
>>> logging-log4php/

Re: Logging-Log4j -> SVN

Re: Logging-Log4j -> SVN

Posted by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org>.
I still cannot check out the logging-site repository.  I am going to look at
that, logging-sandbox, and logging-chainsaw tomorrow evening.

We need to close the loop on this migration and do the switch.  log4net has
signed off.  I will my final opinion for log4j tomorrow.

Curt, have you had a chance to do the log4cxx side?

Scott, have you had a chance to look at the chainsaw part?

-Mark