Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/03 02:10:34 UTC

Removing `CRAN incoming feasibility` check from the main build

Hi, All.

CRAN instability seems to be a blocker for our dev process.
The following simple check causes consecutive failures in 4 of 9 Jenkins
jobs + PR builder.

- spark-branch-2.4-test-sbt-hadoop-2.6
- spark-branch-2.4-test-sbt-hadoop-2.7
- spark-master-test-sbt-hadoop-2.7
- spark-master-test-sbt-hadoop-3.2
- PRBuilder

```
* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ...Error in
.check_package_CRAN_incoming(pkgdir) :
  dims [product 24] do not match the length of object [0]
```

Since this happens frequently and it's out of our control,
I'd like to suggest remove this R check from the above main Jenkins jobs.
Instead, like `linter` or `snapshot publish` jobs, we can have independent
Jenkins jobs for R CRAN incoming feasibility check.

How do you think about that?

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Re: Removing `CRAN incoming feasibility` check from the main build

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi, All.

I made a PR to recover the PR Builder and the above Jenkins jobs since this
has been blocking us for a day.

https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/26375

There is a discussion how to proceed after recover this. We will recover
our `check-cran` test coverage as a follow-up.

Bests,
Dongjoon.