Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by "tom.klaasen@pandora.be" <to...@pandora.be> on 2003/05/19 17:50:21 UTC

Re: RE: RE: Forrest and CSS [A New skin subprojec

------------------------
 forrest-dev@xml.apache.org wrote:
------------------------
Dear Tom and Antonio,

>Sorry for barging in on your discussion like this... I haven't really been
>following, since I just joined the list.

No problem. The discussion only just started this morning. You haven't missed much.

<...>
>I wonder if this would be related/useful to what you're doing...

Well, you got my attention all right.

>If so, please bring me up to speed on what you're doing and I'll gladly
>share my work/ideas with you.

We're trying to create a forrest skin that doesn't rely on tables and hard-coded colors etc. for layout. I think this falls apart in 2 parts:
- create an XSL that chops everything in nice chewable divs
- create CSS that makes these divs a breeze to the eye.

I'm trying to achieve the first part by taking the krysalis skin apart, and putting <div> tags in.
For the second part: I only discovered the joy of CSS a couple of weeks ago (hey, I'm a backender). Learning CSS was part of why I started this skin. Any hints or code for doing this right would certainly be welcome.

As for the status: we only found each other today, and we're looking for a CVS repository so that we can work on this together. If you have any suggestions, feel free to spout.

tomK