Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Hemanth Meka <he...@datametica.com> on 2015/06/16 14:25:21 UTC

Hive counters for records read and written

Hi,

I can see that two new counters have been added for hive (RECORDS_IN/RECORDS_OUT) in hive 0.14.

Prior to this release which counters could be used to get the records read by hive job and records written.  Because i noticed that in hive 0.14 for a few hive jobs i see map_input_records but the map_output_records counter is 0 but the job actually writes something to output table and the hive log also gives that count correctly.

In this case how else can we get records read and records written  in releases before 0.14.

Regards

Hemanth

Re: Hive counters for records read and written

Posted by "@Sanjiv Singh" <sa...@gmail.com>.
+ Dev

Regards
Sanjiv Singh