Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/08/25 08:33:04 UTC

Centipede/Gump errors

Hi Nicola,

Would you be able to fix gump or Centipede so that all those errors about
malformed xml documents are not printed out when you are running gump?

TIA.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we
cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our
responsibilities." -Josiah Stamp

Re: Centipede/Gump errors

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:46, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Peter Donald wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Nicola,
>>>
>>>Would you be able to fix gump or Centipede so that all those errors about
>>>malformed xml documents are not printed out when you are running gump?
>>
>>Thanks for reminding me, I just started using it and found out myself of
>>it, sorry for not knowing it before.
>>
>>But wait, I get the error of problems with URLs, not malformed xml.
>
> could be. It may have been my stuff that was broken come to think of it ;)
>
>>It's the expansion that Gump does on the links... gotta look into it.
>
> No idea. Stefan described it a while back I think ? so maybe you can poke him
> to get an explanation.

Ok, founf it :-)

In Jenny.java

/**
      * Expand hrefs in place, recursively.
      * @param node source element
      */
     private Element expand(Element node) throws Exception {
        // expand hrefs
        Attr href = node.getAttributeNode("href");
        if (href != null && !node.getNodeName().equals("url")) {
            String source=href.getValue();
            Node sub = parse(source);

So I guess that a rule is that all hrefs are expanded, so I just have to
rename the attributes that are not local to something else and the
problem goes away :-)

Ok, I'll do it now.
If you are still having problems, please tell me, thanks.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Centipede/Gump errors

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: Centipede/Gump errors