Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Yves Martin <yv...@elca.ch> on 2004/12/14 12:26:55 UTC

Common code in JavaTask and JUnitTask

  Hello,

 I'm working on a task which is able to "build" a java command in many
 steps. This enables "hooks" to append a system property or arguments (for
 instance) before the command is really executed.

 For the build system I'm working on, this mechanism work perfectly for Java
 commands - but it makes sense that it works also for a 'junit' invocation
 too.

 So to avoid to copy the job done in JUnitTask (parameters for report, set
 class to runner...), I would like to use it directly JUnitTask in my task.

 But it is not so easy to do it, as far as JUnitTask does not inherit from
 JavaTask (what I expected intuitively).

 Is there any reason not make JUnitTask inherit from JavaTask ? If none, is it
 possible that I do the job and submit here ?

 Regards
--
Yves Martin