Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Angus Comber <an...@iteloffice.com> on 2007/05/18 14:33:28 UTC

How to debug using MS VC++ v6?

Hello

I can compile Apache no problem.  But when I try to debug (debug mode)
I get the error 'This application has failed to start because
libapr-1.dll was not found.

Then I see a DM0025: Error attaching to process messagebox.

Then unhandled exception in httpd.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000135: DLL Not
found.

The active project is set to be httpd

Can anyone help me get started?

Angus

Re: How to debug using MS VC++ v6?

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Angus Comber wrote:
> Hello
>
> I can compile Apache no problem.  But when I try to debug (debug mode)
> I get the error 'This application has failed to start because
> libapr-1.dll was not found.
>
> Then I see a DM0025: Error attaching to process messagebox.
>
> Then unhandled exception in httpd.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000135: DLL Not
> found.
>
> The active project is set to be httpd
>
> Can anyone help me get started?

I personally use the BuildBin project as the debugging target.  Set up
the command line to -f c:/path/to/httpd.conf -d c:/path/to/apacheroot -X
so that a legit configuration is loaded, the httpd.conf loads the files
from the appropriate modules/group/Debug/mod_foo.so location, and then
use 'add other dll's' in the debugging configuration so that it loads up
srclib/apr/Debug/libapr-1.dll etc before trying to start.