Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frank Schaare <lo...@gmx.de> on 2005/02/15 18:12:09 UTC

Problems with Tomcat 4.1.30 (Linux)

Hi,

I´ve developed my Struts application with Tomcat 4.1.30 (Windows).
Everything works fine, i tested my stuff withe different browsers,
different Eclipseversions etc.

There is a fomularBean whitch holds some prefetched data in key-value
maps, some as a vector, some as RowSetDynaBeans, some as hashmaps. This
data feeds my selects like the following example:

select ...

Now, i deployed my app in Tomcat 4.1.30 (Linux) and all my selects are
useless ! All values are rendered in the first option like:
please select ...GermanyFranceUSAItaly etc.

I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. Tomcat seems to hav some
problems with those <html:> tags, but they are installed properly an no
exception or problem is logged.

Has anybody ever faced this behaviour or has some hints where to
continue my search ?

Re: Problems with Tomcat 4.1.30 (Linux)[SOLVED]

Posted by Frank Schaare <lo...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

i solved that problem. I deployed my files with WinSCP and forgot to
copy those JSP´s as textfiles. In Windows, new line is CRLF in Linux it
is LF.

This little difference makes a lot of damage if taglibs are used...

So long

Re: Problems with Tomcat 4.1.30 (Linux)

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@webmedx.com>.
What does the generated HTML source look like?

Posted by Frank Schaare <lo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@webmedx.com>.