Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Niket Anand <ni...@npi.stpn.soft.net> on 2002/07/08 15:47:01 UTC

difference between soap and Message Driven Bean

Hi All,
Can anybody tell me the difference of sending message as (Text, Object,etc) via Soap and Message Driven Bean?
Which is better in terms of security?
The actual scenario is as follows:-
There are two Application servers running remotely.
server A in India and server B in US.
In folder A/xmlfoder XML files, containing A's data, are placed.
similarly in folder B/xmlfolder  XML files, containing B's data, are placed.
At certain time these xml files are needed to synchronized with each other i.e server B will get A's xml data and insert into its database and vice versa.
So, How should I send XML content from server A to server B and vice versa?
Can anybody suggest me which technology SOAP or message driven bean should I use as through both I can send object?
pls reply....
Thanks,
Niket

Re: difference between soap and Message Driven Bean

Posted by Niket Anand <ni...@npi.stpn.soft.net>.
Thanks  Scott for ur nice suggestion.
Actually let me tell you more about my scenario.
I have to check KeepAlive process before synchronization of data between
servers A and B.
At certain time Server A will check keepalive with Server B.
If it is successful then I have to send all xml files at A to server B. For
these process How can I use SSL for authentication and How should I send
these XML files to other server? and the same process of sending xml files
from B to A.
Do you have any examples or sample code?
If in any side(A or B), xml files are invalidated then I have to return
synchronization status as failed.
It would be great help.
Thanks,
Niket