Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by tariq mahmood <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/22 12:15:15 UTC

tutorial....

Hi,
I am a nutch newbie. I have successfully used nutch, through cygwin, in
order to crawl some sites. However, I am interested in building a java-based
search engine using nutch. I cant find any tutorials on how to use the nutch
api, for this specific purpose. You are all requested to bootstrap my
project with some tutorials/tips. Thankyou.

Tariq Mahmood

Re: tutorial....

Posted by Alexander Aristov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi

First of all take a look at the wiki site http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/
There are a lot of usefull information. Particulary you could find such
resource

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/JavaDemoApplication

And secondily I would suggest you to take latest Nutch code from svn. Better
tutorial you won't find. There are a lot of test cases inside the code. (the
main methods, junit task cases etc)

regards
Alexander

--