Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ryo Sode <ry...@filemaker.com> on 2005/07/27 00:13:40 UTC

Xpath assertion

Hey guys,

First, thanks for implementing XPath Response Assertion. It's a great thing
to have around with growing number of XML applications on the web. Having
said that though, I am seeing some problems with it on my Jmeter 2.0.3.

1. When I have a document like the following (retrieved via HTTP Sampler)

<!DOCTYPE ryostest PUBLIC "-//FMI//DTD ryostest//EN" "/ryos/ryostest.dtd">
<ryostest xmlns="http://ryostest.org/ryostest" version="1.0">
    <error code="0">
    </error>

Where the DTD is actually served via HTTP, Xpath Assertion doesn't seem to
try to retrieve the DTD and results in an error. The assertion result shows
this:
"IOException: /ryos/ryostest.dtd"
I think the XPath assertion should try to retrieve the DTD via the same
scheme used in HTTP Response assertion. For example, if the HTTP Sampler
accessed the XML document using this:

IP: myserver.com
Port: 80
Protocol: http

Then, the dtd should be sought for  here:
http://myserver.com:80/ryos/ryostest.dtd

2. Actual XPath Assertion seems to return true always.

For example, referring back to the example XML doc fragment from earlier, I
threw in the following into XPath Assertion and it still gave me a success:

/ryostest/error[@code='1']

whereas it shouldn't because the code attribute is 0 in the above example.

Thanks for the help!

Ryo

Re: Xpath assertion

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Please could you file Bugzilla entries for these issues?

S.