Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Messing, Elad" <el...@eml-d.villa-bosch.de> on 2005/05/23 13:39:48 UTC

Selection list populated from Hibernate POJO

Hi all
	It looks like a simple question, but I couldn't find the answer
for it.
	I have a Hibernate POJO class - for a restaurant type. It is
actually a mapping of a look-up table from my DB. An ID, and Name
members. That's it.

	Now I want to add a "Selection list" in my form, populated with
the values of this lookup table.
	I wouldn't want to use the "src" type of selection list, because
that would mean setting up the XML from my hibernate class. I think this
is a waste.
	Also - as it is dynamic (from the DB) I cannot use the " enum "
type (Or can I ?) .

	What would you suggest will be the best why to implement this ?
Some usage of the "flow-jxpath" type ?

	Thank you

Elad Messing
Software Developer
European Media Laboratory GmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
D-69118 Heidelberg

Re: Selection list populated from Hibernate POJO

Posted by Jakub Kaniewski <jk...@egonet.pl>.
Ugo Cei wrote:

> B) possibly simpler:
>
> var form = new Form("formdef.xml");
> var list = hibernateSession.find("from ...");
> form.lookupWidget("widget-id").setSelectionList(list, "id", "name");
> form.showForm("form-template");

Or declare selection list as JXPath in scheme

<fd:selection-list type="flow-jxpath" list-path="RESTAURANTS"
value-path="id" label-path="name"/>

And in flowscript :

var form = new Form("formdef.xml");
var data = new Object();
data.RESTAURANTS = hibernateSession.find("from ...");
form.showForm("form-template",data);

Re: Selection list populated from Hibernate POJO

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.
Il giorno 23/mag/05, alle 13:39, Messing, Elad ha scritto:

>         I have a Hibernate POJO class - for a restaurant type. It is
> actually a mapping of a look-up table from my DB. An ID, and Name
> members. That's it.

Two possibilities come to mind:

A) use the src attribute and make it point to a pipeline that would
query the Hibernate datastore and output some XML. You don't have to
have Hibernate output XML, as you wrote: you can have a flowscript
function do the query and produce XML via a template page (JXTG or
Velocity). Or even an XSP page.

B) possibly simpler:

var form = new Form("formdef.xml");
var list = hibernateSession.find("from ...");
form.lookupWidget("widget-id").setSelectionList(list, "id", "name");
form.showForm("form-template");

	HTH,

		Ugo

--