Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Michael Marth <mm...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2018/06/18 14:47:57 UTC

Re: How to best run non-local tests in ASF (was: Performance tests for OpenWhisk)

A quick update on this:

Carlos (and others) has been working on the mechanics of getting distributed tests to run on hardware that is managed by Infra. For this purpose we should have a couple of Infra-managed VMs that are dedicated to OpenWhisk. Bertrand has gotten me in touch with the ASF fundraising people to figure out the mechanics of how to transfer a donation directed at this purpose.
Will keep you posted as there's progress.

On 09.04.18, 11:50, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bd...@apache.org> wrote:

    On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 3:36 AM, Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > ...Michael could you direct the inquiries on the infra list?...

    I think it makes sense to keep this thread here for now and dig deeper
    on the (type of) solution that Luciano has been explaining.

    Note that http://apache.org/foundation/thanks.html now includes a
    "targeted sponsors" section where companies can be recognized as
    sponsors by donating cloud services, among other options. That might
    be an additional incentive for someone to donate computing resources
    for this purpose.

    I'm happy to make connections with the ASF's VP of Fundraising if
    needed to facilitate things.

    -Bertrand

Re: How to best run non-local tests in ASF (was: Performance tests for OpenWhisk)

Posted by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com>.
Great thanks to Adobe Inc for the donation to OpenWhisk.
I just touched based with Carlos about how we setup and Jenkins environment for OpenWhisk. I will pick up the Jenkins work for OpenWhisk.
For anyone, who is interested in the Jenkins Pipeline for OpenWhisk. Welcome to help.
Thank you.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
We got the 3 VMs Woot !!

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.