Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jon Horsman <ho...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/01 17:24:58 UTC

Encryption/Rampart problems

Hey,

I posted a couple weeks ago about problems with rampart and getting a
message "Unexpected subelement Result".  I've finally had time to look
into the problem further and would really appreciate some help.  As
mentioned previously my soap service works correctly without rampart
but as soon as rampart is engaged it fails instantly with the
Unexpected subelement error.

I'm setting up rampart in the axis2.xml file to use encryption as follows

<module ref="rampart" />
<parameter name="OutflowSecurity">
<action>
<items>Encrypt</items>
<encryptionUser>jontest</encryptionUser>
<passwordCallbackClass>com.mitel.me.soap.ssserver.TestCallBack</passwordCallbackClass>
<encryptionPropFile>client.properties</encryptionPropFile>
</action>
</parameter>

<parameter name="InflowSecurity">
<action>
<items>Encrypt</items>
<decryptionPropFile>client.properties</decryptionPropFile>
<passwordCallbackClass>com.mitel.me.soap.ssserver.TestCallBack</passwordCallbackClass>
</action>
</parameter>

The exception is getting thrown from an autogenerated (using
wsdl2java) parse method:

public static CmdResponse parse(javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamReader
reader) throws java.lang.Exception

the code in this method that throws the exception is

System.out.println("reader.getName() returned = " + reader.getName());
 //added for debugging purposes
if (reader.isStartElement() && new
javax.xml.namespace.QName("","result").equals(reader.getName()))
{
	object.setResult(com.mitel.www.mixml.ss.Result.Factory.parse(reader));
	reader.next();
}  // End of if for expected property start element
else
{
	// A start element we are not expecting indicates an invalid
parameter was passed
	throw new java.lang.RuntimeException("Unexpected subelement " +
reader.getLocalName());
}

When encryption is enabled
new javax.xml.namespace.QName("","result").equals(reader.getName())

evaluates to false and the exception gets thrown, but when encryption
is turned off there isn't an issue.

The output from the println is:
encryption off : reader.getName() returned = result
encryption on: reader.getName() returned =
{https://www.mitel.com/MiXML/ss}Result

As you can see, for some reason a namespace is present when encryption
is enabled and "Result" is also capitalized.

When enabling axis debug logs the following can be seen
Encryption off:
<ns1:LoginResponse xmlns:ns1="https://www.mitel.com/MiXML/ss">
<return>
<session>1ew3ovt7cq116f2dl4ns0</session>
<commandId>1</commandId>
<result>MissRC-Success</result>
</return>
</ns1:LoginResponse>

Encryption on:
<ns1:LoginResponse xmlns:ns1="https://www.mitel.com/MiXML/ss"
xmlns:xenc="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
<return>
<session>18musmrpefge3f2djq7q4</session>
<commandId>1</commandId>
<ns1:Result>MissRC-Success</ns1:Result>
</return>
</ns1:LoginResponse>

As mentioned, for some reason there is namespace information present
in the result when using encryption.

The WDSL (all irrelevant stuff snipped) file that was used the
generate the stub classes is

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:tns="https://www.mitel.com/MiXML/ss"
xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/"
xmlns:WSDL="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
xmlns:DIME="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/04/dime/wsdl/"
xmlns:MIME="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/"
xmlns:ss="https://www.mitel.com/MiXML/ss"
targetNamespace="https://www.mitel.com/MiXML/ss">
	<wsdl:types>
		<xsd:schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="unqualified"
targetNamespace="https://www.mitel.com/MiXML/ss">
			<xsd:import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />
			<xsd:simpleType name="Result">
				<xsd:restriction base="string">
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Success" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Invalid-Session-Id" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Invalid-Command-Id" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Invalid-Username" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Invalid-Password" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Invalid-ICP-IP-Address" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Invalid-MiXML-Version" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Missing-Certificate" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Missing-Authorization-Data" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Server-Error-Out-Of-Resources" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Server-Error-Invalid-Comment" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Server-Error-Invalid-ICP-In-Session" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Server-Error-Invalid-Versions-Buffer" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-ICP-Communication-Failure" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-ICP-Response-Not-Received" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Permissions-Problem" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Failed-in-ICP" />
					<xsd:enumeration value="MissRC-Security-Violation" />
				</xsd:restriction>
			</xsd:simpleType>
			<xsd:complexType name="CmdResponse">
				<xsd:sequence>
					<xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="errorString" nillable="true"
type="string" />
					<xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="session" nillable="true" type="string" />
					<xsd:element name="commandId" type="int" />
					<xsd:element name="result" type="ss:Result" />
				</xsd:sequence>
			</xsd:complexType>
			<xsd:element name="LoginResponse">
				<xsd:complexType>
					<xsd:sequence>
						<xsd:element name="return" type="ss:CmdResponse" />
					</xsd:sequence>
				</xsd:complexType>
			</xsd:element>
		</xsd:schema>
	</wsdl:types>
	<wsdl:message name="LoginResponse">
		<wsdl:part name="part1" element="tns:LoginResponse" />
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:portType name="ssPortType">
		<wsdl:operation name="Login">
			<wsdl:input message="tns:Login" />
			<wsdl:output xmlns:wsaw="http://www.w3.org/2006/05/addressing/wsdl"
message="tns:LoginResponse"
wsaw:Action="https://www.mitel.com/MiXML/ss/ssPortType/LoginResponse"
/>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:portType>
	<wsdl:binding name="ssSOAP11Binding" type="tns:ssPortType">
		<soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
style="document" />
		<wsdl:operation name="Login">
			<soap:operation soapAction="" style="document" />
			<wsdl:input>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:binding>
	<wsdl:binding name="ssSOAP12Binding" type="tns:ssPortType">
		<soap12:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
style="document" />
		<wsdl:operation name="Login">
			<soap12:operation soapAction="" style="document" />
			<wsdl:input>
				<soap12:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output>
				<soap12:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:binding>
	<wsdl:service name="ss">
		<wsdl:port name="ssSOAP11port_https" binding="tns:ssSOAP11Binding">
			<soap:address location="https://localhost:18000" />
		</wsdl:port>
		<wsdl:port name="ssSOAP12port_https" binding="tns:ssSOAP12Binding">
			<soap12:address location="https://localhost:18000" />
		</wsdl:port>
	</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

Any help would be much appreciated as i've spent far to long trying to
debug this issue with no luck and google doesn't seem to be helping
me.  If more information is needed to diagnose the problem please let
me know i can get whatever info is required.

Thanks in advance.

Jon.

Re: Encryption/Rampart problems

Posted by Jon Horsman <ho...@gmail.com>.
> This looks like a bug. Can you please file a JIRA in Rampart, along with
> the wsdl?
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Sure, i'll create one later today and post back when i'm done.

Posted by Dimuthu <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi Jon,

This looks like a bug. Can you please file a JIRA in Rampart, along with
the wsdl?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Thank you,
Dimuthu

Posted by Jon Horsman <ho...@gmail.com>.
Nobody has any advice?

BTW, I forgot to mention that we are using rampart version 1.1 and
axis2 version 1.1.1