Posted to dev@mrql.apache.org by Leonidas Fegaras <fe...@cse.uta.edu> on 2013/11/03 17:32:45 UTC

[DISCUSSION] New tasks for MRQL

Hi all,
Now that we got our first release out, we need to discuss and
prioritize our next steps. I have a list of potential tasks to add
to JIRA. Please revise the list and/or add more tasks.

1) Adding MRQL as a service to Whirr
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-714

2) Integration of MRQL with the bigtop project

3) Add Apache Storm as an MRQL evaluation engine for real-time
    processing:   https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/StormProposal

4) Complete and improve matrix operations
    (eg, currently, matrix factorization has bugs)

Leonidas Fegaras

Re: [DISCUSSION] New tasks for MRQL

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
I have a bunch of code written up for matrix operations, but unfortunately
haven't been able to work consistently on that.

I would like to work on that - please shoot me an email if anyone else
wants to team up.

Thanks
Karthik

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
IMO,

Simplicity of installation/usage and compatibility with Hadoop ecosystem are most important. And also the efforts to promote MRQL is needed.

To consider graduate the incubator, I think community should have at least 4+ active committers.

Posted by Leonidas Fegaras <fe...@cse.uta.edu>.
Alan,
  )

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.