Posted to user@ant.apache.org by hiren patel <hi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/03 01:27:12 UTC

urgent : CC task compiles every time even .C is not changed

Hi,
 I am using CC task and it compiles prog.c to prog but it does it all the time regardless of
prog.c has changed or not.

ANT should not recompile when source .c has not changed. but it does..

do you know what is wrong?

here is the code of build.xml:

please provide suggestions ASAP
hiren patel

project name="CC Example" default="BuildProg">
    <taskdef resource="cpptasks.tasks"/>
    <typedef resource="cpptasks.types"/>
    <!-- Compilation settings -->
    <!-- Set compiler property depending from os -->
    <condition property="compiler" value="gcc">
        <os family="unix"/>
    </condition>
    <condition property="compiler" value="msvc">
        <os family="windows"/>
    </condition>

    <target name="clean">
        <delete file="prog" />
    </target>

    <target name="init">
    </target>

    <target name="BuildProg" depends="init"
            description="example of source compilation">
         <cc     outfile="prog"
                 subsystem="other"
                 name="${compiler}"
                 exceptions="true"
                 objdir="."
                 debug="true"
                 outtype="executable">

             <fileset file="prog.c" />

             <defineset define="SOME_DEFINE_1" />
             <defineset define="SOME_DEFINE_2" />

             <includepath path="."/>

             <!-- for example link with libstdc++ -->
          </cc>
    </target>
  </project>

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: urgent : CC task compiles every time even .C is not changed

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
This behavior has nothing to do with the Ant runtime and everything to do
with the implementation of the cc task.

I would suggest that you take this up with the antcontrib folks.

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer