Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mayuresh Kunjir <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/26 01:31:37 UTC

Stage monitoring in Spark

Hi Spark users,

I need a small help in collecting stage level information of Spark
workflows. I have added a a listener to spark context and the goal is to
monitor each stage. There are two issues I am struggling with:

1. Trying to find the input data paths for each stage. Looking at the code,
it seems that stage objects do not maintain this information. But is it
possible to obtain it by using RDD dependencies associated with a stage?

2. Getting hold of stage level information like numTasks. Some of the
member variables in classes Stage and StageInfo are inaccessible from
outside even though they are not marked as private.

Thanks and regards,
~Mayuresh