Posted to dev@cmda.apache.org by "Lee, Seungwon (398K)" <se...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2016/07/07 22:35:28 UTC

CMDA Apache Community Meeting weekly

Hi,

We would like to invite the CMDA community to a weekly teleconference so that the community can discuss the project status, direction, and issues together. The meeting will be every Thursday at 2PM in Pacific Time. Please find below the Web-EX link for the weekly teleconference. We will send out a meeting agenda in advance to the community meeting. The meeting agenda will be formed weekly by the community input as well. We will send out the meeting minutes to the community after each meeting. Looking forward to a community discussion and participation.

https://jplwebexadmin1.jpl.nasa.gov/orion/joinmeeting.do?ED=2rCpMIBJVDYurj_Aaqzfnw==&Rnd=0.521108522355245&siteurl=jplwebex

If this link does not work somehow, please use the following steps:

  1.  Go to https://jplwebex.jpl.nasa.gov
  2.  Click “Join by Number” in the upper right hand corner of the screen
  3.  Type the number: 990 443 342

Cheers,
--
Dr. Seungwon Lee
Technical Group Supervisor

Re: CMDA Apache Community Meeting weekly

Posted by "Pan, Lei (398K)" <le...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
. Lei has been spending time to understand the steps involved in burning
an EC2 instance
  with a Docker container running inside it. He is getting close to
understanding how
  the auto start steps can be controlled
. Qihao reported that some email about student login ids does not have the
correct format
  Chengxing is going to help
. We will use the the earthkit user login ids across the JPL backend and
the CMU provenance,
  so the map between a user id and its internal integer id is solely kept
internal to the
  CMU provenance service
. Qihao has re-orged the public github repository, so the CMU and JPL code
bases are
  separated. To the JPL team, this change is transparent. Lei has
confirmed it.
. Jia is going to apply for Apache committer¹s accounts for all of us
. Apache CMDA project webpage - TBD
. CMDA analytics - no new change this week
. Benyang is working on the updates of the html files. Will commit to
github soon
  This dev/debugging work is on a different instance than the one that Lei
is
  using to burn an EC2 image.

Posted by "Lee, Seungwon (398K)" <se...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Dear the CMDA Apache Community,

We will have our CMDA Apache Community Meeting today at 2PM. Please see below for the instruction to join the WebEX based teleconference. Please suggest any items that you would like to bring up for discussion.

The meeting agenda based on the community input so far is

Summary and wrap-up of the JPL Climate Sciences Center Summer School
Apache Github repository status

Posted by "Pan, Lei (398K)" <le...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Meeting minutes for 8/4/2016:

. Lei has burned an EC2 image and created a snapshot of the 1TB data
volume,
  with data for 2016 summer school on it. A instance is launched and can
  be accessed here:
  ssh -p 8022 svc@ec2-54-183-194-175.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com
  This will be our new development instance.
. The port number for the JPL front end has been changed from 8180 back to
8080,
   which created some code change work for Qihao to the CMU backend.
. We will use the above instance as the "virtual Einstein.² So Qihao is
going
  to configure it after the meeting.
. Lei will modify entry.py to have double provenance submission for
redundancy
  (both virtual Einstein and Einstein)
. Benyang will scan the data and adjust file dir symbolic links and in the
code
. The CMDA team has posted our monthly report on the Apache podling wiki
page

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Thanks,
-Lei

Posted by "Lee, Seungwon (398K)" <se...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
We will have our CMDA Apache Community Meeting today at 2PM.

The meeting agenda so far is

  1.  Presentation by Namrata about CMDA workflow management system development
  2.  Status of preparation of CMDA to support the summer school for JPL Climate Sciences Center.
  3.  Github repository update
  4.  Apache CMDA project web page
  5.  Apache repository set up