Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "@lbutlr" <kr...@kreme.com> on 2019/03/14 22:50:01 UTC

Whitelist_from??

I've been having a lot of problems with emails from comixology getting tagged as spam and then the message attachment is often, but not always, corrupt.

pts rule name              description
-0.0 RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE     RBL: Sender listed at https://www.dnswl.org/,
                            no trust
                           [54.240.13.78 listed in list.dnswl.org]
0.2 BAYES_999              BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99.9 to 100%
                           [score: 1.0000]
3.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99 to 100%
                           [score: 1.0000]
0.0 HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS From and EnvelopeFrom 2nd level
                           mail domains are different
0.8 MPART_ALT_DIFF         BODY: HTML and text parts are different
0.4 MIME_HTML_MOSTLY       BODY: Multipart message mostly text/html MIME
0.1 DKIM_SIGNED            Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily
                           valid
0.7 MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY 'Content-Type' found without required
                           MIME headers
0.1 DKIM_INVALID           DKIM or DK signature exists, but is not valid
1.0 BODY_URI_ONLY          Message body is only a URI in one line of text or
                           for an image
0.0 T_REMOTE_IMAGE         Message contains an external image

The attached message when I open it starts:

=23outlook A =7B	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px=
; PADDING-TOP: 0px =7D
BODY =7BPADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 100% =
=21important; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjus=
t: 100%; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%
=7D
=7D</style> =20
</head>

I added whitelist_auth comixology.com to local.cf and still had issues, so I also added whitelist_from comixology.com, but messages are still tagged as spam.

From: Comics by comiXology <co...@e.comixology.com>

But the message are actually coming from amazon.com. I have these references to amazon in local.cf

adsp_override amazon.com custom_high
adsp_override amazon.com
whitelist_auth *@amazon.com

(not sure about the first two lines, don't recall those settings)

--
The night is always old. He'd walked too often down dark streets in the
secret hours and felt the night stretching away, and known in his blood

Re: Whitelist_from??

Posted by David Jones <dj...@ena.com>.
On 3/14/19 5:50 PM, @lbutlr wrote:
> I've been having a lot of problems with emails from comixology getting tagged as spam and then the message attachment is often, but not always, corrupt.
>
> Content analysis details:   (6.8 points, 5.0 required)
>
> pts rule name              description
> ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
> -0.0 RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE     RBL: Sender listed at https://www.dnswl.org/,
>                              no trust
>                             [54.240.13.78 listed in list.dnswl.org]
> 0.2 BAYES_999              BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99.9 to 100%
>                             [score: 1.0000]
> 3.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 99 to 100%
>                             [score: 1.0000]
> 0.0 HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS From and EnvelopeFrom 2nd level
>                             mail domains are different
> 0.8 MPART_ALT_DIFF         BODY: HTML and text parts are different
> 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
> 0.4 MIME_HTML_MOSTLY       BODY: Multipart message mostly text/html MIME
> 0.1 DKIM_SIGNED            Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily
>                             valid
> 0.7 MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY 'Content-Type' found without required
>                             MIME headers
> 0.1 DKIM_INVALID           DKIM or DK signature exists, but is not valid
> 1.0 BODY_URI_ONLY          Message body is only a URI in one line of text or
>                             for an image
> 0.0 T_REMOTE_IMAGE         Message contains an external image
>
> The attached message when I open it starts:
>
> =23outlook A =7B	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px=
> ; PADDING-TOP: 0px =7D
> BODY =7BPADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 100% =
> =21important; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjus=
> t: 100%; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%
> =7D
> =7D</style> =20
> </head>
>
> I added whitelist_auth comixology.com to local.cf and still had issues, so I also added whitelist_from comixology.com, but messages are still tagged as spam.
>
> From: Comics by comiXology <co...@e.comixology.com>
>
> But the message are actually coming from amazon.com. I have these references to amazon in local.cf
>
> adsp_override amazon.com custom_high
> adsp_override amazon.com
> whitelist_auth *@amazon.com
>
> (not sure about the first two lines, don't recall those settings)

I would recommend using this if they hit SPF_PASS or DKIM_VALID_AU

whitelist_auth *@*.comixology.com

If they don't have good SPF or DKIM like this one, then use:

whitelist_from_rcvd *@*.comixology.com amazonses.com

The "amazonses.com" would be the part of the sending mail server's name
when it has good FCrDNS.  If that mail server doesn't have good FCrDNS,
then use:

whitelist_from_rcvd *@*.comixology.com [ip.ad.dr.ess]

whitelist_from should be the last option and I only use it on a full
email address that is very unique so spammers won't be able to match
that by accident from any source server or IP address.

--
David Jones

Re: Whitelist_from??

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 14 Mar 2019, at 22:03, @lbutlr wrote:

> On 14 Mar 2019, at 17:00, RW <rw...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> whitelist entries need to be globs that match an email address, not a
>> domain name.
>
> How sophisticated is SA's globbing?
>
> ^(\w+)([\-.'][\w]+)+@domain.tld$

For whitelist entries the match string is a simple glob, not a regex.

"perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" will tell you the details.

--
Bill Cole

Re: Whitelist_from??

Posted by "@lbutlr" <kr...@kreme.com>.

?

--
These are the thoughts that kept me out of the really good schools. --
George Carlin

Re: Whitelist_from??

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.