Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2015/12/07 23:14:58 UTC

[VMware] Problem starting virtual router on 4.6 and 4.7

Hi,

I am having a problem getting the virtual router to leave the "Starting"
state on 4.6 and 4.7.

I am making use of the correct system VM template in each case, but the
virtual router claims it requires an upgrade.

This is in a Basic Zone and using local storage for the system VMs.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: [VMware] Problem starting virtual router on 4.6 and 4.7

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Thanks, Ilya

Yeah, the hypervisor is OK. It was running the SSVM and CPVM just fine.

Next time I set up a Basic Zone with VMware, I can try to remember to check
if the VR can talk to the CSMS on 8250 (right now I just switched over to a
XenServer environment for a different task I'm working on).

Thanks for the reply!

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Mike,

I have the VR running in a 4.8 VMware advanced zone.
I have noticed a new behaviour since 4.6 - that VMware system VMs don't report 'Running' until they've successfully called home.

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Paul Angus
VP Technology   ,       ShapeBlue

d:      +44 203 617 0528 | s: +44 203 603 0540<tel:+44%20203%20617%200528%20|%20s:%20+44%20203%20603%200540>     |      m:      +44 7711 418784<tel:+44%207711%20418784>

e:      paul.angus@shapeblue.com | t: @cloudyangus<ma...@cloudyangus>      |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden London WC2N 4HS UK

[cid:imagee1ce89.png@6d35bcc0.44b05cb6]

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
I just tried it on 4.5, though: works fine on that version.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.