Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Greer, Darren (MED)" <Da...@med.ge.com> on 2002/02/12 16:57:56 UTC

JSP imports and CLASSPATH issues

Hello all.

I am running Tomcat v4.0.1 with jdk1.3.1 on a Linux box.  I have created
a basic webapp that utilizes a single servlet which uses a
dbConnectionBroker class.

I have a JSP which is creating a new dbConnection and I need to import
the dbConnectionBroker class.  This class file is located in
WEB-INF/lib/com/javaexchange/dbConnectionBroker/dbConectionBroker.class.

I am doing a:
  <%@ page import="com.javaexchange.dbConnectionBroker.*" %>

I get the following error:

###########
/opt/java/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/dist/work/localhost/nod/index$jsp
.java:3: Package com.javaexchange.dbConnectionBroker not found in
import.
import com.javaexchange.dbConnectionBroker.*;
       ^
1 error
###########

Is the WEB-INF/lib directory not in the CLASSPATH at runtime?  Or am I
doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Darren

RE: JSP imports and CLASSPATH issues

Posted by Greg Trasuk <st...@on.aibn.com>.
Hi Darren:

	WEB-INF/lib is where you would put your '.jar' files.  Un'jarred' classes
should go in WEB-INF/classes with the usual package heirarchy under
WEB-INF/classes.  So your class file should be
WEB-INF/classes/com/javaexchange/dbConnectionBroker/dbConectionBroker.class

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk, President
http://stratuscom.ca