Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/17 04:10:22 UTC

recent changes

Hi,

In the last few days something has changed in CXF that caused
invocations to stop working in Geronimo. I mean, the service got
invoked ok but the HTTP response from the service was empty. I tracked
relevant changes to the following classes:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxws/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxws/handler/soap/

After I switched both classes to their previous revisions the
invocations started to work just like before.

I was wondering if somebody can take a look at it. We are shooting for
a milestone release of Geronimo next week and would be good to have
basic invocations working right.

Thanks,
Jarek

Re: recent changes

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
Jarek,

On Monday 19 February 2007 17:20, Jarek Gawor wrote:
> Ok, finally found a way to replicate the problem. I submitted the test
> case in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-429.

I see what's happening.   I'll have a fix for it shortly.

In the Hander, if you do smc.getMessage() someplace, it works fine.   The
problem is that if a SOAPHandler doesn't actually use the message, it
doesn't write anything back to the stream.   Easy to fix.

Thanks for the patch with the test case.   That was great.    While
debugging it, I found several other bugs. (@PostConstruct not being
called, resource injection not occuring, etc...)  I need to go log them
now.  :-(

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: recent changes

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Dan,

Thanks. I think for Geronimo M3 release we will use CXF version from 6
days ago or so. So this is not critical for this release but would be
nice to have it fixed soon.

Jarek

Re: recent changes

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.