Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@apache.org> on 2001/02/06 17:09:29 UTC

Re: Documentation and packages

Pierre-Mikael Legris <pl...@fbwww.epfl.ch> writes:

> Is someone working on a images genereation library or package?  A
> friend of mine is planning to make a package to use imlib2 from ttml
> files. So If you have advices .. mail them to him
> clecoufl@fbwww.epfl.ch

Hi,

I couple of thoughts regarding image manipulation:

1) I did a bit of work on the gdk-pixbuf interface - see
   tcl-gtk.sourceforge.net.  It's pretty alphaish stuff, though, and
   the tcl-gtk author wants to automate the process with some code of
   his own.  It's all based on the development version of gtk, too, so
   it won't be ready soon.

   That said, I prefer gdk-pixbuf to imlib, I think the code/API is a
   bit nicer.  It's also likely to be installed on most Free Unix
   boxes.

2) If you use imlib, make sure to use imlib2, as imlib(1) requires an
   X connection to function correctly!  This is obviously unacceptable
   for a web server.

Thanks!
--
David N. Welton