Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vatermann_shoevarek <va...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/10 00:59:11 UTC

Java templates tag and the significance of parameters.nameValue

I am considering switching my application to using Java theme provided by
Java templates plugin. The only problem I have is the <s:checkboxlist> tag.
My solution uses <s:checkboxlist> with name of the Long type property of
element in list passed to "list" attribute as a "listKey" and collection of
Long instances as a selected keys in "value" attribute. After conversion
generated drop down does not check options correctly.

I have looked into FreeMarker template and CheckboxListHandler
implementations and the difference I see is that where the FM probably
compares current option key with parameters.nameValue using plain equal()
method call, the Java templates handler implementation assumes that the
nameValue is a boolean. That obviously is not the case so none of the
options are checked.

So here are my questions. What should I set to "value" attribute of that tag
and how parameters.nameValue is managed? That property is not exposed as a
tag attribute??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Andrzej

Re: Java templates tag and the significance of parameters.nameValue

Posted by vatermann_shoevarek <va...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Mauricio. I appreciate your help. If that is a bug though, is
there a possibility of using Java templetes engine for some tags or pages
and FM engine for others?