Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Nesbitt <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/15 19:17:38 UTC

s2 if tag question

I am having a bit of trouble using the if tag.  This
code:

<label>Screen Alert:</label>
<input type="radio"
       name="pScreenAlert"
       <s:if
test="userDetailsBean.userPreferencesBean.mmPrelimScreenAlert
== 'N'">checked</s:if>
       value="1">Yes
<input type="radio"
       name="pScreenAlert"
       <s:if test="false">checked</s:if>
       value="2">No

Gives this error:

DEBUG util.OgnlValueStack  - Caught an exception while
evaluating expression
'userDetailsBean.userPreferencesBean.mmPrelimScreenAlert
== 'N'' against value stack
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "N"

It thinks the N is a number.  I do not get the
excpetion if the string is more than one char.

Any ideas?  Using %{'N'} does not give an exception
but does not evaluate to true when it should match.

Thanks,

Scott