Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Eyal Grundstein <Ey...@intellinx-sw.com> on 2005/08/02 12:57:47 UTC

new custom component issues

I'd like to create my own version of the datascroller, extending
different features.

Could I get a quick recap as on how to install and deploy a new
component?

Do I need to put the configuration in the faces.config file or the
viewer.config file?

Do the names of the component type and renderer type of the new
datascroller matter? Do they have to be similar or different?

I am consistently getting a stack overflow - must be because of my
rendering...has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks

Eyal Grundstein

Re: new custom component issues

Posted by Enrique Medina <e....@gmail.com>.
Take a look at this article by Rich Hightower. It will surely help you ;-)

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-jsf4/?ca=dnt-630