Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/05 09:21:14 UTC

RE: Jetty version (was: Jetty Inclusion (was: svn commit: r662927 -/incubator/sling/trunk/etc/notice/notices/))

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 04.06.2008, 10:50 -0500 schrieb Craig L. Ching:
> BTW, who determines what version of Jetty you distribute?  Is it Sling
> or is it Felix?

Neither, currently. The Sling Launchpad App includes the PAX Web Service
from OPS4J. This in the current version used includes Jetty 6.1.6.

>  More curious than anything, but Jetty is on 6.1.11 and
> it's including more and more features around it's cometd implementation
> that I'd like to use.  I'm assuming I could probably roll my own
> distribution that uses whatever jetty version I want of course.

Now, the use of PAX Web Service is merely a default to have something to
go with.

Sling itself does not care about what exact Jetty version you use, in
fact it does not even care about any servlet container at all, the only
requirement of Sling is the availability of an OSGi Http Service
implementation available.

So, finally, yes: You can certainly replace the PAX Web Service bundle
included with the Sling App Launcher with whatever you like.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix

Posted by "Craig L. Ching" <cc...@mqsoftware.com>.

Great, thanks for the response!  Yes, it helps a lot ;-)

> Regards
> Felix
>

> > Cheers,
> > Craig