Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org> on 2018/10/20 17:54:21 UTC

LiveJournal password breach

All:

This isn't as far as I can tell getting publicitly yet, but I just got a
bitcoin extortion spam with my LiveJournal (don't start :) ) password in
cleartext. They appear to have had a breach in the last few days.

If you have an LJ account you may want to log in and change your password
immediately.

   Are you a mildly tech-literate politico horrified by the level of
   ignorance demonstrated by lawmakers gearing up to regulate online
   technology they don't even begin to grasp? Cool. Now you have a
   tiny glimpse into a day in the life of a gun owner.   -- Sean Davis
  569 days since the first commercial re-flight of an orbital booster (SpaceX)

Re: LiveJournal password breach

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Sat, 20 Oct 2018, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> John, check out haveibeenpwned.com and see if this breach is listed.  Great
> site.

LJ does not appear to be listed.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.