Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/27 19:46:20 UTC

AR1 for J1?

Hi all,

Any chance on getting AR1 out for JavaOne? If not, any ideas on a
release date?

Thanks

Dennis

Re: AR1 for J1?

Posted by Jim Hurley <ji...@mac.com>.
I'll get out a release announcement this weekend.

-Jim

Re: AR1 for J1?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a typo on the download page, the 2nd paragraph begins with "Apache
> Jackrabbit releases...".

Thanks, fixed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: AR1 for J1?

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 28, 2008, at 524AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Dennis Reedy
> <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually I wasnt entirely sure of the availability, now that I looked
>> around the site I do see AR1 (2.1.1) available. The News section on
>> the site
>> lead me to believe that 2.1.1 was waiting to get approval for the
>> release, I
>> had not seen any news update since January 14.
>
> I just updated the download page yesterday. We still haven't properly
> announced the release so I didn't yet update the news.

Hi Jukka,

There is a typo on the download page, the 2nd paragraph begins with
"Apache Jackrabbit releases...".

Other then that, any news on when the release will be announced?

Regards

Dennis

Re: AR1 for J1?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: AR1 for J1?

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

Actually I wasnt entirely sure of the availability, now that I looked
around the site I do see AR1 (2.1.1) available. The News section on
the site lead me to believe that 2.1.1 was waiting to get approval for
the release, I had not seen any news update since January 14.

I would also suggest that you may want to look at jini.org and provide
some clue on the downloads there as well, or at least mention that
River is alive and ticking. Currently there is no mention of the River
downloads, just references to the starterkit.dev.java.net project.
Perhaps that project should also be updated (or removed?) to point to
River?

As for AR2, yeah it would be great to see some discussion!!

Regards

Dennis

Re: AR1 for J1?

Posted by Jim Hurley <ji...@mac.com>.