Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Paula Young <py...@invertix.com> on 2001/07/23 20:46:10 UTC

SOAPHTTPConnection.setTimeout - does it work?

I want to timeout and break out of waiting for the return from call.invoke()
if the return is taking too long.  Has any one done this successfully with:

SOAPHTTPConnection http = new SOAPHTTPConnection();
http.setTimeout(5000);    // 5-sec timeout
call.setSOAPTransport(http);

???

Thanks for helping,
Paula Young

Re: SOAPHTTPConnection.setTimeout - does it work?

Posted by Heitzso <he...@home.com>.
Paula,

I remember seeing it embedded in an exception.  I didn't bother
to parse out the words to flag that particular exception.

So, re can you detect?  Yes, but you'll want to run a test that
breaks on the timeout, note the exact text of the exception,
and search for some key phrase that you find in it.

Heitzso

Posted by Heitzso <he...@home.com>.
Paula,

Posted by Paula Young <py...@invertix.com>.